- This event has passed.
Unleash Your Customer’s Voice for a Competitive Advantage – AMA Boston Event
May 17 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
We live and work in a trust economy. Your customers trust their peers and colleagues more than your marketing and sales messages. As a marketing leader, if you want to impact revenue growth, you must create successful customers, and showcase their success to win new customers and drive deeper engagement with existing ones.
In this workshop, we will start by discussing:
- Why authentic customer stories are the last bastion of competitive advantage for B2B firms and the only thing competitors can’t copy or borrow.
- Jeff’ Ernst’s experiences running the customer voice program at Forrester, and the key lessons learned through trial and error that will save you from making deadly mistakes.
- How David Meerman Scott has applied a customer-focused approach to stories that attack the biggest obstacles to building his business.
- Why the customer proof points and programs you’re using today don’t help buyers and customers, and may actually be pushing them away.
- What are the REAL questions, fears, and doubts that your customers have at each stage of their customer journey, but are not addressed in any of your marketing and sales messages.
Then we’ll roll up our sleeves with a hands-on exercise to assess your customer’s voice:
- List out your top go-to-market initiatives/priorities for 2017.
- Surface the biggest market challenges that keep you from achieving those initiatives. These can be perceptions, objections, questions, fears, or doubts.
- Determine the customer insights that if captured, would knock down these biggest market challenges. These insights are knowledge, experiences, and advice from customers.
- Compare these insights to your current set of customer proof-point materials and assess the gap.
- Create a roadmap for building a customer voice program
- Develop a business case you can use to get buy-in from your peers
- Convince your customers to contribute their success stories
- Rethink traditional case studies, testimonial videos, and referral programs
Jeff Ernst, Co-founder and CEO of SlapFive, and former Forrester Analyst covering B2B Customer Engagement. He is a recognized thought leader in B2B marketing and sales who has launched, grown, and advised technology companies. Jeff is the co-founder of SlapFive, which delivers a web platform and methodology that helps companies unleash their customers’ voice. As Forrester’s VP of Marketing, he launched the first-ever customer voice and engagement program.
David Meerman Scott is an internationally acclaimed strategist whose books and blog are must-reads for professionals seeking to generate attention in ways that grow their business. His advice and insights help people, products and organizations stand out, get noticed and capture hearts and minds. He is author or co-author of ten books – three are international bestsellers. The New Rules of Marketing & PR, now in its 5th edition, has been translated into 28 languages.